There is quite a bit of everything and anything racing this weekend. Friday night kicks off the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions Ohio 410 Sprint Speedweek, which will probably be the focus of dirt track fans across the state. Also kicking off Friday is the “No Box Bonanza” weekend at Summit Motorsports Park. On asphalt, Youth Explosion Night returns for its second visit at Lake County.
Saturday…more! On the entertainment side, Lake Erie hosts Monster Jam while Lake County hosts the “Knights of Destruction.” MSA Supermodified teams will turn to Sandusky Speedway, hoping to get some track time before July’s Hy-Miler ISMA Nationals. Dirt-wise, Sharon, Deerfield, and Hilltop all have regular shows on tap (in case All Star Sprints at Eldora are a bit too far to drive). Plus, Dragway 42 & Thompson Raceway Park feature drag racing of different types.
You can find all the details for racing this weekend (and beyond) by continuing to read after the break!
Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Sprints Kick Off Speedweek
Rain cancelled most dirt track racing across Northeast Ohio. Sharon Speedway managed to dodge the rain and was the only track to run a full show. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt Tracks May 31st Through June 1st
A busy weekend of dirt racing now lays behind us. UNOH All Star Sprints battled for two days at Fremont, while the World of Outlaw Late Models faced off at Wayne County. Two full days of racing also took place at Sharon Speedway, as drivers competed in the Bill Emig Memorial. For full results, keep reading after the break. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt Tracks May 24th Through 26th
By Mike Leone, Press Release provided by Sharon Speedway
Sharon Speedway will celebrate the Memorial Day Weekend by hosting two events with complete shows both Saturday and Sunday nights (May 25-26)! The Bill Emig Memorial “Wild Card Weekend” will feature the Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Dirt Late Model Touring Series both nights!
Saturday night will also include the Summit Racing Equipment Modifieds, HTMA/Precise Racing Products Econo Mods and Deforest Used Parts Mini Stocks, while Sunday night’s program will also have the Governor Insurance Agency DIRTcar Big-Block Modifieds, Open Stock Cars, and the Mini Stocks. All divisions will be racing for increased payouts. Race time is 7 p.m. both nights.
“We are really looking forward to the weekend,” stated General Manager Dave Willoughby. “We tried this two-day Memorial Day Weekend format last year, but the weather ruined Sunday’s event. It’s looking like a beautiful weekend so we invite everyone out to enjoy two big days of racing.” Continue reading Sharon Speedway Double the Fun for Memorial Day
250 Speedway – Friday 5/17/13
- Modified Feature – 1. Jim Smith / 2. Rob Melzer / 3. Jeremy Sluka / 4. Rex Slaughter / 5. Jim Plance
- Super Stock Feature – 1. Steve Wolford / 2. Jason Jarrett / 3. Dustin Warner / 4. Sam Clegg / 5. Brandon Welker
- Pure Stock Feature – 1. Jamie Warner / 2. Matt Peckins / 3. Deak Parsons / 4. Cody Krebs / 5. Brian Miller
- Compact Feature – 1. James Dermer / 2. Lenny Orr / 3. Robert Frohnapfel / 4. Kenny Feister / 5. Mike Seifert
- Mini Wedge Feature – 1. Philip Bubeck / 2. Brady Reed / 3. Lucas Thomas / 4. Robbie Ledger / 5. Nick Quaigg
- Modlites Feature – 1. Kenny Meadows / 2. Jay Dye / 3. Ryan Baker / 4. Joe Burkhead / 5. Taylor Wagner
- For more information, please visit 250 Speedway’s website.
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 5/17/13
Deerfield Raceway – Saturday 5/18/13
- Jr. Sprints (No Full Results Listed) – 1. Ryan Boano
- Jr. Sportsman Feature – 1. Carson Miller / 2. Brian Toto / 3. Vivian Jones
- Micro Sprints Feature – 1. D.J. Furney / 2. Tim Eakin / 3. Ryan Fredericks / 4. Brett Brunkenhoefer / 5. Brandon Fredericks
- Mod Lites Feature (No Full Results Listed) – 1. David Innes
- Chargers Feature (No Full Results Listed) – 1. Angie Grzelak
- Classics Feature – 1. Ken Platt / 2. Jason Myers / 3. Zach Anthony / 4. Chuck Magrell / 5. Gregory Davis
- E-Mods Feature – 1. Roger Hermann / 2. Josh Mueller / 3. Blaine Heater / 4. Nicole Hrdlicka / 5. Tim Schmitt Jr.
- Compacts Feature – 1. Dale Stoner / 2. Jeremy Ross / 3. Dustin Scott / 4. Larry Ingram / 5. Rich Johnston
- For more information, please visit Deerfield Raceway’s website. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt May 17th – 18th
The weather is looking great for this weekend, which is full of racing! Whether you are looking for weekly racing for touring action, it’s all in Northeast Ohio this weekend.
Highlights include ARCA at Toledo Speedway, the Cavalcade of Stars at Summit Motorsports Park, and Sandusky’s return of the MSA Supermodifieds and Main Event Racing Series. NEO Racing News will be covering events LIVE from Lake County Speedway (Friday Night) and Sandusky Speedway (Saturday Night). Also of note, I have started adding Karting races to the schedule. Enjoy! Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Almost Memorial Day Weekend Edition
Four dirt tracks in Northeast Ohio were unable to run this weekend due to rain and wet conditions, but Fremont, Hilltop, and Sharon were able put on a show for the fans. Keep reading for their results.
250 Speedway – Friday 5/10/13
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 5/10/13
- All racing cancelled due to rain and wet conditions. Racing continues May 17th with the Eric Phillips 25th Anniversary Classic (Twin 25 lap 410 Sprint Features)
- For more information, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Deerfield Raceway – Saturday 5/11/13
By Mike Leone, Press Release Provided by Sharon Speedway
While just about every race track in the region cancelled due to the inclement weather on Saturday, Sharon forged on with the “Steel Valley Thunder” program on Speed Energy Drink Night. Heavy rains Friday night and overcast, cool conditions led to a fast track and the show was completed just before the rains came again.
Celebrating in the Hovis Auto & Truck Supply victory lane were Brian Swartzlander-Governor Insurance DIRTcar Big-Block Modifieds, Josh Double-Barris Supply RUSH Late Models, Joel Watson-Summit Racing Equipment Modifieds, Paul Davis-Gibson Insurance Agency Stock Cars, Ryan Fraley-HTMA/Precise Racing Products Econo Mods, and Scott Gilliland-Deforest Used Parts Mini Stocks. Hunter Zilhauer and Emily Clemens were the two winners of the bike giveaways courtesy of King Bros. and Sharon Speedway. Continue reading Sharon Speedway Beats Rain To Checkers