(Left to Right) #2 Alex Rosenberry, #12 “Bubba” Smith, and #7 Rich Rohrer go three wide into turn three in Late Model Feature Two at Midvale Speedway’s Fall Classic on 9/14/13 Continue reading PHOTOS: Midvale Fall Classic Album
With the July 4th weekend ahead, it means it’s time for some midweek racing! Both Deerfield and Midvale feature shows tonight. A 100 lap Enduro highlight’s the action in Deerfield. Also included are Compact and E-Mod Invitationals. Midvale leads off with the Main Event Racing Series Super Late Models, but also features Modified, Pure Stock, and Mini Truck racing.
NEO Racing News will be live from Midvale Speedway tonight, and you can follow along with live updates via Twitter @NEORacingNews. Give us a follow there, or “like” the site on Facebook. Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Midweek Racing Edition
Columbus Motor Speedway – Saturday 6/22/13
- Main Event Racing Series Feature – 1. Brian Short / 2. Jack Varney Jr. / 3. Bud Perry / 4. Rich Rohrer / 5. Alex Rosenberry
- Columbus Modified Feature – 1. Kyle Purvis / 2. Terry Humphrey / 3. Dave Disinger / 4. Buddy Townsend / 5. Shane Shirk
- Sport Stock Feature – 1. Earl Goldy / 2. Mike Litchfield / 3. Ray Muncy / 4. Ralph Vinson / 5. Phil Gussler Jr.
- Crazy Compact Feature – 1. Jeff Watkins / 2. Chris Lucas / 3. Joshua Mecum / 4. Lonnie Brown / 5. Danielle Brown
- For full results, please visit Columbus Motor Speedway’s website.
Lorain County Speedway – Saturday 6/22/13
- Sportsman Feature – 1. Nick Wiery / 2. Roland Sheppard Jr. / 3. Mike Strah / 4. Bobby Schramm
- Modified Feature – 1. Mark Smith / 2. Tigh Shaffer / 3. Joe Quinn / 4. Paul Shaffer / 5. Jeffrey Fade Jr.
- Grand National Feature – 1. Ryan Chapman / 2. Mike Mathers / 3. <att Wilson / 4. Ed Kerman / 5. John Konzelman
- Chargers Feature – 1. Corey Phillips / 2. Lindsay Fade / 3. Neil Broski / 4. Jay Teague / 5. Rick Kovac
- Spectator Stock Feature – 1. Bob Lusetti / 2. Jason Zevotek / 3. Joe Quinn
- For full results, please visit Lorain County Speedway’s website.
Midvale Speedway – Saturday 6/22/13
- McIntosh Oil Company Late Model Feature – 1. Bryant Smith / 2. Rick Sibila / 3. Ryan Tedesco / 4. Bubba Smith / 5. Mark Lambert
- Summit Racing Equipment Economy Modified Feature – 1. Todd Ripley / 2. Kevin McClintock / 3. Randy Smart / 4. Mike Bowers / 5. Scott Archer
- Pure Stock Feature – 1. Mike Martin / 2. Rich Schweitzer / 3. Gary Hoopingamer / 4. Bill Shimko / 5. Teddy Oliver
- Mini Truck Feature – 1. Dennis Wood / 2. Cody Collmar / 3. Keith Anderson / 4. Doug Decker
- Compact Feature #1 – 1. Kyle Grove / 2. Mike Swaney / 3. Braden Swaney / 4. Jeffrey Orr / 5. Clayton Oliver
- Compact Feature #2 – 1. Justin Renicker / 2. Dale Beatty / 3. Ryan Shreffler / 4. Brad McClain / 5. Kyle Finlayson
- Funpacts Feature – 1. Dan Buckey / 2. Kohlten Bryan / 3. Howard Bartholow / 4. Chris Paul / 5. Howard Batholow
- For full results, please visit Midvale Speedway’s website.
Toledo Speedway – Friday 6/21/13
- ARCA ACME Dismantling Sportsman Feature – 1. Howard Kelley Jr. / 2. Mike Young / 3. Jim Frolling / 4. Kyle DeLisle Jr. / 5. Ron Allen
- ARCA Parts Galore Figure 8 Feature – 1. Robbie Loving / 2. Dennis Whisman / 3. Dan Apperson / 4. Jerry Lee / 5. Randy Roberts
- ARCA R & M Recycling X Car Feature – 1. Dennis Whisman / 2. Greg Studt / 3. Tommy O’Leary / 4. Rich Frantz / 5. Matt Ringger
- ARCA 4 Cylinder Feature – 1. David Price / 2. John Decker / 3. David Katafiasz
- For full results, please visit Toledo Speedway’s website.
Sandusky Speedway – Saturday 6/22/13
- Adkins Glass MSA Supermodified Feature – 1. Dave Shullick Jr. / 2. Trent Stephens / 3. Charlie Schultz / 4. Kyle Vanderpool / 5. Trevor Berry
- Ignitable Technologies Modified Feature – 1. Kenny Sharp / 2. Kevin Jaycox Jr. / 3. John Bartlome / 4. Steve Jones / 5. Kenny Calhoun
- Milan Automotive Hobby Stock Feature – 1. John McKee / 2. Joey Wyckoff / 3. Mike McDonald / 4. Dan Smith / 5. Jason Rowe
- Pizza Brothers Street Stock Feature – 1. Justin Hamilton / 2. Chris Hamilton / 3. Randy Dawson / 4. Cody Rose
- For more information, please visit Sandusky Speedway’s website.
There is quite a bit of everything and anything racing this weekend. Friday night kicks off the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions Ohio 410 Sprint Speedweek, which will probably be the focus of dirt track fans across the state. Also kicking off Friday is the “No Box Bonanza” weekend at Summit Motorsports Park. On asphalt, Youth Explosion Night returns for its second visit at Lake County.
Saturday…more! On the entertainment side, Lake Erie hosts Monster Jam while Lake County hosts the “Knights of Destruction.” MSA Supermodified teams will turn to Sandusky Speedway, hoping to get some track time before July’s Hy-Miler ISMA Nationals. Dirt-wise, Sharon, Deerfield, and Hilltop all have regular shows on tap (in case All Star Sprints at Eldora are a bit too far to drive). Plus, Dragway 42 & Thompson Raceway Park feature drag racing of different types.
You can find all the details for racing this weekend (and beyond) by continuing to read after the break!
Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Sprints Kick Off Speedweek
By Adam Mackey, Press Release Provided by Midvale Speedway
Fans were treated to another thrilling night that had full fields in the top two divisions this past Saturday, May 18, at Midvale Speedway. Late Models and Modifieds were joined by Pure Stocks, Mini Trucks, Compacts, and Funpacts. Continue reading Midvale Recap for May 18th
Highlights include ARCA at Toledo Speedway, the Cavalcade of Stars at Summit Motorsports Park, and Sandusky’s return of the MSA Supermodifieds and Main Event Racing Series. NEO Racing News will be covering events LIVE from Lake County Speedway (Friday Night) and Sandusky Speedway (Saturday Night). Also of note, I have started adding Karting races to the schedule. Enjoy! Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Almost Memorial Day Weekend Edition
While rain played havoc with racing all weekend, only one asphalt track was completely rained out over the weekend. Keep reading for full results from asphalt tracks around the region. Continue reading RESULTS: Asphalt May 10th – 11th
By Adam Mackey, Press Release & Photo Provided by Midvale Speedway
With cool conditions, drivers were turning some extremely fast laps this past Saturday night, May 11 at Midvale Speedway. All six divisions were on hand in addition to the Midvale Karting Series for a race at intermission. Continue reading Roseberry Races To Dominating Midvale Late Model Win