Winter weather is still trying to keep its grasp on the region, but racing season will prevail! This weekend may be a bit cooler but make sure you still get out there and support your local short tracks!
Friday – April 17th
Route 250 Speedway – Postponed due to wet conditions, Opener now May 1st
Attica Raceway Park – Weekly Racing – Gates Open 5 PM – Racing at 7:45 PM – Adults $15 – Kids $10 – 10 & Under Free
Sandusky Speedway – Karting Series – Gates Open 4 PM – Racing at 7 PM – Adults $10 – Kids $5 – 5 & Under Free
Saturday – April 18th
Sandusky Speedway – Opening Night – Gates Open 4 PM – Racing at 7 PM – Adults $12 – Kids $5 – 6 & Under Free
Facebook – Twitter – YouTube – Instagram
Continue reading Weekend Calendar: April 24th – 25th
This weekend is complicated by threats of rain, but don’t let that hold you back from heading out to the track! All Friday night racing was cancelled due to rain and wet conditions. The weather has also adjusted Sandusky Speedway’s schedule, with the Auto Value Super Sprints cancelling their feature. Sandusky will continue their show with Mods, Street Stocks, and Hobby Stocks.
Stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter accounts for the latest on rain delays and race cancellations Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Monsoon Edition
Six divisions of racing put on a show for the fans of Midvale Speedway on Saturday night. Now view the over 200+ pictures in a slideshow after the break. Continue reading PHOTOS: Midvale Speedway from June 8th, 2013
Press Release by Mike Leone, Provided by Sharon Speedway
Despite thunderstorms being in the forecast all week for Saturday, sunshine was present for much of the day and the storms held off until well after the completion of the eighth straight racing event at Sharon Speedway. It was a good night to be #27 as the first three feature winners of the night carried the number! And all six winners resides in Trumbull County, Ohio! Continue reading Sharon Beats Rain to the Checkers
A busy weekend of dirt racing now lays behind us. UNOH All Star Sprints battled for two days at Fremont, while the World of Outlaw Late Models faced off at Wayne County. Two full days of racing also took place at Sharon Speedway, as drivers competed in the Bill Emig Memorial. For full results, keep reading after the break. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt Tracks May 24th Through 26th
Midvale Speedway celebrated 60 years of racing action with 60 lap Economy Modified and Late Model features. Also racing Saturday night were Mini Trucks, Pure Stocks, Compacts, FunPacts, and Skid Plate Racers. For the full gallery of photos, keep reading. Continue reading PHOTOS: Midvale Celebrates 60 Years with 60 Lap Features
250 Speedway – Friday 5/17/13
- Modified Feature – 1. Jim Smith / 2. Rob Melzer / 3. Jeremy Sluka / 4. Rex Slaughter / 5. Jim Plance
- Super Stock Feature – 1. Steve Wolford / 2. Jason Jarrett / 3. Dustin Warner / 4. Sam Clegg / 5. Brandon Welker
- Pure Stock Feature – 1. Jamie Warner / 2. Matt Peckins / 3. Deak Parsons / 4. Cody Krebs / 5. Brian Miller
- Compact Feature – 1. James Dermer / 2. Lenny Orr / 3. Robert Frohnapfel / 4. Kenny Feister / 5. Mike Seifert
- Mini Wedge Feature – 1. Philip Bubeck / 2. Brady Reed / 3. Lucas Thomas / 4. Robbie Ledger / 5. Nick Quaigg
- Modlites Feature – 1. Kenny Meadows / 2. Jay Dye / 3. Ryan Baker / 4. Joe Burkhead / 5. Taylor Wagner
- For more information, please visit 250 Speedway’s website.
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 5/17/13
Deerfield Raceway – Saturday 5/18/13
- Jr. Sprints (No Full Results Listed) – 1. Ryan Boano
- Jr. Sportsman Feature – 1. Carson Miller / 2. Brian Toto / 3. Vivian Jones
- Micro Sprints Feature – 1. D.J. Furney / 2. Tim Eakin / 3. Ryan Fredericks / 4. Brett Brunkenhoefer / 5. Brandon Fredericks
- Mod Lites Feature (No Full Results Listed) – 1. David Innes
- Chargers Feature (No Full Results Listed) – 1. Angie Grzelak
- Classics Feature – 1. Ken Platt / 2. Jason Myers / 3. Zach Anthony / 4. Chuck Magrell / 5. Gregory Davis
- E-Mods Feature – 1. Roger Hermann / 2. Josh Mueller / 3. Blaine Heater / 4. Nicole Hrdlicka / 5. Tim Schmitt Jr.
- Compacts Feature – 1. Dale Stoner / 2. Jeremy Ross / 3. Dustin Scott / 4. Larry Ingram / 5. Rich Johnston
- For more information, please visit Deerfield Raceway’s website. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt May 17th – 18th
Due to rain that moved through the area Thursday night and Friday afternoon, three tracks have cancelled Friday night racing. Attica Raceway Park, 250 Speedway, and Wayne County Speedway all pulled the plug for weekly racing, citing rain and a muddy track. All three area dirt tracks had scheduled weekly racing, and will not be rescheduled.
Toledo Speedway, which is the only asphalt track running tonight, has continued on with racing. The track hosts the ARCA Gold Cup late model series tonight for the Hollywood Casino 100.
By Mike Leone, Press Release Provided by Sharon Speedway
For the second straight week, Sharon Speedway was blessed with a beautiful sunny, 70-degree spring day. Celebrating in the Hovis Auto & Truck Supply victory lane on Saturday night were Jim Weller, Jr.-Governor Insurance DIRTcar Big-Block Modifieds, Dennis Lunger, Jr.-Barris Supply RUSH Late Models, Joel Watson-Summit Racing Equipment Modifieds, Bryan Wagner-Gibson Insurance Agency Stock Cars, Jeremy Double-HTMA/Precise Racing Products Econo Mods, and Ken Koby II-Deforest Used Parts Mini Stocks. Sam Kavala of Titusville, Pa. and Paige Skelton of Niles, Ohio were the two winners of the bike giveaways courtesy of King Bros. and Sharon Speedway. Continue reading Weller Wins First Sharon Big-Block Mods Race Since 2010
250 Speedway – Friday 5/3/13
- Modified Feature – 1. Jim Smith / 2. DJ Cline / 3. Rob Melzer / 4. Brock Melzer / 5.Bob Page
- Super Stock Feature – 1. Jason Jarrett / 2. Steve Wolford / 3. Brandon Welker / 4. Mickey Thorpe / 5. Derick Lewton
- Pure Stock Feature – 1. Jamie Warner / 2. Scott Richardson / 3. Matt Peckins / 4. Rob Scott / 5. Cody Krebs
- Compact Feature – 1. Billy Tennant / 2. Robert Frohnapfel / 3. Kenny Fiester / 4. Don Rufener III / 5. Tammy Rufener
- Modlite Feature – 1. Kenny Meadows / 2. Doug Stanley / 3. Josh May / 4. Josh Baldwin / 5. Ryan Baker
- Mini Wedge Feature – 1. Philip Bubek / 2. Jacob Ice / 3. Robbie Ledger / 4. Lucas Thomas / 5. Cody Kilpatrick
- For full results, please visit 250 Speedway’s website.
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 5/3/13
- Foster Auto Body 305 vs 360 Sprints A Main – 1. Caled Griffith / 2. Butch Schroeder / 3. Dain Naida / 4. Gregg Dalman / 5. Dustin Daggett
- Summit Racing Equipment Late Model A Main – 1. Rusty Schlenk / 2. Chris Keller / 3. Wayne Maffett Jr. / 4. Cody Schott / 5. Matt Irey
- Bob Machine Shop Dirt Trucks A Main – 1. Dan Roepke Jr. / 2. Dustin Keegan / 3. Cory Ward / 4. Kyle Cline / 5. Brian Melnek
- For full results, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Deerfield Raceway – Saturday 5/4/13
- Jr. Sprints Feature – 1. Danielle Tuttle / 2. Jacob Eakin / 3. Ryan Boano / 4. Ty Miller / 5. Jonah Walters
- Jr. Sportsman Feature – 1. Vivian Jones / 2. Brian Toto / 3. Carson Miller
- Demyan Micros Feature – 1. DJ Furney / 2. Ryan Fredericks / 3. Todd Reusser / 4. Mike Borawiec / 5. Tim Mcvay
- Chargers Feature – 1. Joe Grzelak / 2. Ted Williams / 3. Angie Grzelak / 4. Jeff Eboch / 5. Larry Rhoads
- Classics Feature – 1. Maranda Myers / 2. Jim Good / 3. Ken Platt / 4. Terry Ohl / 5. Bob Boano
- E-Mods Feature – 1. Blaine Heater / 2. Josh Mueller / 3. Roger Hermann / 4. Nicole Hrdlicka / 5. Christian Walker
- Compacts Feature – 1. Jeremy Ross / 2. Mike Wilson / 3. Nick Groves / 4. Dale Stoner / 5. Josh Palmer
- 600 Micro Feature – 1. Nick Krchelich / 2. Brian Stivenson / 3. Clay Riney / 4. Scott Scholl / 5. Al Cavoto
- For full results, please visit Deerfield Raceway’s website. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt May 3rd & 4th