More than 700 miles separate the eight events and seven tracks that will take part in nine days that make up the 2013 edition of Ohio Sprint Speedweek. While NEO Racing News will not be directly covering the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champion Sprint tradition, I realize that many fans make the trek across the state to follow 410 Sprint drivers from start to finish. This post will try to help by containing all the important information in one big, easy to read chunk. Continue reading after the break for all the race information. Continue reading Ohio Sprint Speedweek Master Schedule
250 Speedway – Friday 6/14/13
- Racing cancelled due to wet conditions.
- For more information, please visit 250 Speedway’s website.
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 6/14/13
- O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprint A-Main – 1. Byron Reed / 2. Craig Mintz / 3. Caleb Griffith / 4. Travis Philo / 5. Brandon Martin
- Foster Auto Body 305 Sprint A-Main – 1. Nate Dussel / 2. Dustin Dinan / 3. John Ivy / 4. T.J. Michael / 5. Bobby Clark
- Summit Racing Equipment Late Model A-Main – 1. Cody Scott / 2. Ryan Missler / 3. Matt Irey / 4. Dusty Moore / 5. Mike Bores
- Bob Machine Shop Dirt Truck A-Main – John Ivy / 2. Distin Keegan / 3. Dan Roepke / 4. Brian Sorg / 5. Art Ball
- For more information, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Deerfield Raceway – Saturday 6/15/13
- Jr. Sprints – 1. Ryan Boano / 2. Jacob Eakin / 3. Ty Miller / 4. Danielle Tuttle / 5. Tyler Purnell
- Jr. Sportsman Feature – 1. Carson Miller / 2. Vivian Jones / 3. Brian Toto / 3. Erich Law
- Micro Sprints Feature – 1. D.J. Furney / 2. Tim Eakin / 3. Ryan Fredericks / 4. Todd Reusser /5. Jeff Heafke
- 600 Micro Sprints – 1. Bryan Grove / 2. Scott Scholl / 3. Clayton Mullett
- Mod Lites Feature – 1. Chas Wolbert / 2. Shayne Meadows / 3. Kenny Meadows / 4. Todd Rhoads / 5. James Gump Jr.
- Chargers Feature – 1. Joe Grzelak / 2. Angie Grzelak / 3. Tiffany Williams / 4. Ted Williams / 5. Justin Van Fossen
- Classics Feature – 1. Ken Platt / 2. Jason Myers / 3. James Good / 4. Bob Boano / 5. Zack Anthony
- E-Mods Feature – 1. Tim Schmitt / 2. Roger Hermann / 3. Craig Humphreys / 4. Dennis Dellinger / 5. Josh Mueller
- Compacts Feature – 1. Nick Groves / 2. Jeremy Ross / 3. Timothy Cecil / 4. Rich Johnston / 5. Dwayne Seabolt
- For more information, please visit Deerfield Raceway’s website. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt Tracks June 14 & 15
Lake County Speedway held its rain-delayed “Shootout by the Shore” on Sunday. Three divisions of racing took part in races that are much longer than usual. Over 200 pictures are available after the break. Continue reading PHOTOS: Lake County Speedway “Shootout by the Shore”
Six divisions of racing put on a show for the fans of Midvale Speedway on Saturday night. Now view the over 200+ pictures in a slideshow after the break. Continue reading PHOTOS: Midvale Speedway from June 8th, 2013
Press Release by Mike Leone, Provided by Sharon Speedway
Despite thunderstorms being in the forecast all week for Saturday, sunshine was present for much of the day and the storms held off until well after the completion of the eighth straight racing event at Sharon Speedway. It was a good night to be #27 as the first three feature winners of the night carried the number! And all six winners resides in Trumbull County, Ohio! Continue reading Sharon Beats Rain to the Checkers
Five Features, five winners at Sandusky Speedway’s rare Sunday night race.
#6L Talon Stephens swept the night’s Buckeye Super Sprint racing after several tributes to his team’s owner, Sam Layne. Layne, a sprint car owner for more than 30 years, passed away this week. Talon is the third generation of Stephens to drive for Layne, who helped over 10 drivers get a ride in a sprint car. Sandusky Speedway honored Layne with a moment of silence prior to the BSS Heat Race, and also left the Feature Race’s pole position open in honor of Sam’s Legacy.
The second leg of North Coast Modified Challenge was also held Sunday night. #33 Jeffrey Fade Jr. won at Lorain Saturday, giving him a chance to snag a $1,000 bonus if he could sweep and win at Sandusky. The bonus money ended up being safe, as #0 Kenny Phillips finished the 30 lap feature first.
Chris Hamilton cruised to victory in his #5 car to win the Street Stock feature. #22 Cornel Mentler rode out several red flags to take the Ohio Stock Feature win. Driver Jerry Karl was taken to the hospital for observation after a wreck on the backstretch during the Ohio Stock Feature, but he is reportedly OK. Concluding the night were the Hobby Stocks. Despite not starting until midnight, the field of about 12 cars put on a great show for the fans. Emerging from the constant two-wide and three-wide racing was #7 Zack Miller. This was Miller’s first Feature win.
The picture gallery from the night’s racing is available after the break. Continue reading PHOTOS: Talon Soars in Sandusky Sprints, Phillips Takes Modified Challenge
Midvale Speedway celebrated 60 years of racing action with 60 lap Economy Modified and Late Model features. Also racing Saturday night were Mini Trucks, Pure Stocks, Compacts, FunPacts, and Skid Plate Racers. For the full gallery of photos, keep reading. Continue reading PHOTOS: Midvale Celebrates 60 Years with 60 Lap Features
Memorial Day Weekend is finally upon us, which means we as a nation should pause to remember those that we have lost as they have defended our freedoms and serve our country. We should not ignore our retired and active military, who have and continue to be there for us as a country.
While we pause to reflect and honor, the flood gates in the Northeast Ohio region have opened. Lake Erie Speedway in Erie, PA will open their 2013 season (sans late models) Saturday night, while Attica takes a week off to prep for the World of Outlaws. Fremont Speedway spends the weekend with the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions, while Sharon Speedway doubles-up with the RUSH late Model Touring Series. Modifieds are the main theme at three tracks this weekend, with special races planned at Lorain (Saturday), Sandusky (Sunday), and Lake County (Monday).
NEO Racing News will be at Midvale Speedway for its 60th Anniversary celebration, and Sandusky Speedway for the second leg of the Modified Challenge.
It’s a full weekend of racing…keep reading for the full schedule of events! Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Memorial Day Weekend Edition