Memorial Day Weekend is finally upon us, which means we as a nation should pause to remember those that we have lost as they have defended our freedoms and serve our country. We should not ignore our retired and active military, who have and continue to be there for us as a country.
While we pause to reflect and honor, the flood gates in the Northeast Ohio region have opened. Lake Erie Speedway in Erie, PA will open their 2013 season (sans late models) Saturday night, while Attica takes a week off to prep for the World of Outlaws. Fremont Speedway spends the weekend with the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions, while Sharon Speedway doubles-up with the RUSH late Model Touring Series. Modifieds are the main theme at three tracks this weekend, with special races planned at Lorain (Saturday), Sandusky (Sunday), and Lake County (Monday).
NEO Racing News will be at Midvale Speedway for its 60th Anniversary celebration, and Sandusky Speedway for the second leg of the Modified Challenge.
It’s a full weekend of racing…keep reading for the full schedule of events! Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Memorial Day Weekend Edition
May has finally arrived on the racing calendar, which means that nearly every racetrack in the Northeast Ohio area is up and running. The sole operating track missing is Lake Erie Speedway, which will not be open until Memorial Day weekend.
From dirt to drag, there is something for everybody this weekend. Highlighting your Friday is Attica, which is hosting a 305/360 Challenge race. Weekly racing fills out the night at 250 Speedway, Toledo, and Wayne County. Saturday gets a tad busier.
Eleven racing facilities are running Saturday, with options at drag strips, dirt, and asphalt tracks. NEO Racing News will be at Sandusky Speedway to cover the pits for their opening night of the 2013 season, while BOSS Non Wing Sprints invade Fremont Speedway. Columbus Motor Speedway will also feature the FAST Legend Car Series. Regular weekly racing continues across the rest of the region on Saturday, as well.
Remember to use our Track Map page to find the locations of Northeast Ohio racetracks, and our Calendar page to see when races are happening throughout the year. Continue reading Racing Around NEO: “May the Fourth Be With You” Edition
Six dirt tracks were in action this weekend. For all the weekend’s results, click here.
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 4/26/13
- Sunoco American Late Model Series A Main – 1. #15 Jon Henry / 2. #55V Jeep VanWormer / 3. #3 Matt Miller / 4. #91 Rusty Schlenk / 5. #49 Brian Ruhlman
- O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprints A Main – 1. #2+ Brian Smith / 2. #O9 Craig Mintz / 3. 5R Byron Reed / 4. W20 Greg Wilson / 5. #14H Todd Heller
- Foster Auto Body 305 Sprints A Main – 1. #1 Nate Dussel / 2. #6 Dustin Dinan / 3. #25 Jason Keckler / 4. #5R Jordan Ryan / 5. #22M Dan McCarron
- For full results, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Wayne County Speedway – Friday 4/26/13
- Fisher Performance Sprints Feature – 1. Kory Crabtree / 2. Danny Smith / 3. Danny Mumaw / 4. Chris Myers / 5. Beau Stewart
- Lias Tire Late Model Feature – 1. Russ King / 2. Charlie Duncan / 3. Cory Conley / 4. Shane McLoughlin / 5. Rick Bond
- Thrifty Muffler Super Stocks Feature – 1. Kyle Moore / 2. Bob Daugherty / 3. Jeremy Lynch / 4. Brandon Craver / 5. Frank Oriti
- NAPA Auto Parts Modifieds Feature – 1. Nathan Loney / 2. Chris Basich / 3. Eric Singhaus / 4. Bruce Miller / 5. Jim Nicely
- WQKT Mini Stocks Feature – 1. Brad Hensel / 2. Mike Rose / 3. Mitch Reichard / 4. Lester Berry / 5. Adam Kern
- Mini Wedges Feature – 1. Tanner McLoughlin / 2. Logan Duncan / 3. Dan Selway
- For full results, please visit Wayne County Speedway’s website. Continue reading DIRT RESULTS: April 26th – 27th Round-up
After snow, rain, and cold conditions washed out last week’s action, cars will take to the track today at Attica and Hilltop.
Attica Raceway Park had cancelled their Friday night visit from the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions, but their scheduled race tonight will be one of two dirt tracks opening up the 2013 calendar. The Sprints will be joined by the track’s UMP DIRTcar Late Models and 305 Sprints for a full night of racing. Main gates at the track open at 4 PM, with racing starting at 7 PM. Adults are $22 through the door, with discounts for seniors and children.
Hilltop Speedway is the other track opening tonight with their weekly divisions of racing. The Millersburg, OH track will feature Late Models, Modifieds, Street Stocks, Mini Stocks, Trucks, and Mini Wedges. Stands open at 4 PM, with hotlaps at 5 PM and racing at 6:30 PM. General admission costs $10, and kids 12 and under are free.
The 2013 racing season kicks off with a bang at Wayne County Speedway in Orrville, OH.
April 12th and 13th will see World of Outlaws Late Models and Renegade Modified Series descend on the three-eighths clay track for the Buckeye 100. The track will host several other touring series this summer. UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions Sprints will visit Wayne County twice, including their annual visit during Ohio Sprint Week on June 24th. Non Wing Sprint Cars will also visit the track twice, as the Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series comes to town on June 24th and August 24th. Making one appearance, the BRP Big Block Modified Show visits on July 19th. Continue reading Wayne County Speedway Hosts Outlaws, All Stars