#20 Don Deyman celebrates after winning the 2013 VROA Modified Championship. #16 Samantha Jansen won the night’s feature. Continue reading PHOTOS: Saturday at Sandusky Speedway’s Cavalcade
Photos are now up from Thursday Night’s Fan Appreciation races at Sandusky Speedway. Fans packed the house, taking advantage of $1 admission, hot dogs, and drinks. Your winners from the night include #6L Talon Stephens (Buckeye Super Sprints), #42 Jerry Karl (Ohio Stocks), #5 Chris Hamilton (Street Stocks), and #24 L.J. Stanley (Hobby Stocks).
Nearly 170 pictures are up for your viewing pleasure, and can also be purchased as prints or digital downloads. Clicking on any picture will take you to the site’s photo sale website. It’s all handled online and sent directly to you. You can see all the pictures after the break. Continue reading PHOTOS: Fans Pack Sandusky Speedway for Appreciation Night
This weekend is complicated by threats of rain, but don’t let that hold you back from heading out to the track! All Friday night racing was cancelled due to rain and wet conditions. The weather has also adjusted Sandusky Speedway’s schedule, with the Auto Value Super Sprints cancelling their feature. Sandusky will continue their show with Mods, Street Stocks, and Hobby Stocks.
Stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter accounts for the latest on rain delays and race cancellations Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Monsoon Edition
Columbus Motor Speedway – Saturday 6/22/13
- Main Event Racing Series Feature – 1. Brian Short / 2. Jack Varney Jr. / 3. Bud Perry / 4. Rich Rohrer / 5. Alex Rosenberry
- Columbus Modified Feature – 1. Kyle Purvis / 2. Terry Humphrey / 3. Dave Disinger / 4. Buddy Townsend / 5. Shane Shirk
- Sport Stock Feature – 1. Earl Goldy / 2. Mike Litchfield / 3. Ray Muncy / 4. Ralph Vinson / 5. Phil Gussler Jr.
- Crazy Compact Feature – 1. Jeff Watkins / 2. Chris Lucas / 3. Joshua Mecum / 4. Lonnie Brown / 5. Danielle Brown
- For full results, please visit Columbus Motor Speedway’s website.
Lorain County Speedway – Saturday 6/22/13
- Sportsman Feature – 1. Nick Wiery / 2. Roland Sheppard Jr. / 3. Mike Strah / 4. Bobby Schramm
- Modified Feature – 1. Mark Smith / 2. Tigh Shaffer / 3. Joe Quinn / 4. Paul Shaffer / 5. Jeffrey Fade Jr.
- Grand National Feature – 1. Ryan Chapman / 2. Mike Mathers / 3. <att Wilson / 4. Ed Kerman / 5. John Konzelman
- Chargers Feature – 1. Corey Phillips / 2. Lindsay Fade / 3. Neil Broski / 4. Jay Teague / 5. Rick Kovac
- Spectator Stock Feature – 1. Bob Lusetti / 2. Jason Zevotek / 3. Joe Quinn
- For full results, please visit Lorain County Speedway’s website.
Midvale Speedway – Saturday 6/22/13
- McIntosh Oil Company Late Model Feature – 1. Bryant Smith / 2. Rick Sibila / 3. Ryan Tedesco / 4. Bubba Smith / 5. Mark Lambert
- Summit Racing Equipment Economy Modified Feature – 1. Todd Ripley / 2. Kevin McClintock / 3. Randy Smart / 4. Mike Bowers / 5. Scott Archer
- Pure Stock Feature – 1. Mike Martin / 2. Rich Schweitzer / 3. Gary Hoopingamer / 4. Bill Shimko / 5. Teddy Oliver
- Mini Truck Feature – 1. Dennis Wood / 2. Cody Collmar / 3. Keith Anderson / 4. Doug Decker
- Compact Feature #1 – 1. Kyle Grove / 2. Mike Swaney / 3. Braden Swaney / 4. Jeffrey Orr / 5. Clayton Oliver
- Compact Feature #2 – 1. Justin Renicker / 2. Dale Beatty / 3. Ryan Shreffler / 4. Brad McClain / 5. Kyle Finlayson
- Funpacts Feature – 1. Dan Buckey / 2. Kohlten Bryan / 3. Howard Bartholow / 4. Chris Paul / 5. Howard Batholow
- For full results, please visit Midvale Speedway’s website.
Toledo Speedway – Friday 6/21/13
- ARCA ACME Dismantling Sportsman Feature – 1. Howard Kelley Jr. / 2. Mike Young / 3. Jim Frolling / 4. Kyle DeLisle Jr. / 5. Ron Allen
- ARCA Parts Galore Figure 8 Feature – 1. Robbie Loving / 2. Dennis Whisman / 3. Dan Apperson / 4. Jerry Lee / 5. Randy Roberts
- ARCA R & M Recycling X Car Feature – 1. Dennis Whisman / 2. Greg Studt / 3. Tommy O’Leary / 4. Rich Frantz / 5. Matt Ringger
- ARCA 4 Cylinder Feature – 1. David Price / 2. John Decker / 3. David Katafiasz
- For full results, please visit Toledo Speedway’s website.
Sandusky Speedway – Saturday 6/22/13
- Adkins Glass MSA Supermodified Feature – 1. Dave Shullick Jr. / 2. Trent Stephens / 3. Charlie Schultz / 4. Kyle Vanderpool / 5. Trevor Berry
- Ignitable Technologies Modified Feature – 1. Kenny Sharp / 2. Kevin Jaycox Jr. / 3. John Bartlome / 4. Steve Jones / 5. Kenny Calhoun
- Milan Automotive Hobby Stock Feature – 1. John McKee / 2. Joey Wyckoff / 3. Mike McDonald / 4. Dan Smith / 5. Jason Rowe
- Pizza Brothers Street Stock Feature – 1. Justin Hamilton / 2. Chris Hamilton / 3. Randy Dawson / 4. Cody Rose
- For more information, please visit Sandusky Speedway’s website.
Memorial Day Weekend is finally upon us, which means we as a nation should pause to remember those that we have lost as they have defended our freedoms and serve our country. We should not ignore our retired and active military, who have and continue to be there for us as a country.
While we pause to reflect and honor, the flood gates in the Northeast Ohio region have opened. Lake Erie Speedway in Erie, PA will open their 2013 season (sans late models) Saturday night, while Attica takes a week off to prep for the World of Outlaws. Fremont Speedway spends the weekend with the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions, while Sharon Speedway doubles-up with the RUSH late Model Touring Series. Modifieds are the main theme at three tracks this weekend, with special races planned at Lorain (Saturday), Sandusky (Sunday), and Lake County (Monday).
NEO Racing News will be at Midvale Speedway for its 60th Anniversary celebration, and Sandusky Speedway for the second leg of the Modified Challenge.
It’s a full weekend of racing…keep reading for the full schedule of events! Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Memorial Day Weekend Edition