Four dirt tracks in Northeast Ohio were unable to run this weekend due to rain and wet conditions, but Fremont, Hilltop, and Sharon were able put on a show for the fans. Keep reading for their results.
250 Speedway – Friday 5/10/13
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 5/10/13
- All racing cancelled due to rain and wet conditions. Racing continues May 17th with the Eric Phillips 25th Anniversary Classic (Twin 25 lap 410 Sprint Features)
- For more information, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Deerfield Raceway – Saturday 5/11/13
Due to rain that moved through the area Thursday night and Friday afternoon, three tracks have cancelled Friday night racing. Attica Raceway Park, 250 Speedway, and Wayne County Speedway all pulled the plug for weekly racing, citing rain and a muddy track. All three area dirt tracks had scheduled weekly racing, and will not be rescheduled.
Toledo Speedway, which is the only asphalt track running tonight, has continued on with racing. The track hosts the ARCA Gold Cup late model series tonight for the Hollywood Casino 100.
Maybe this weekend is the weekend to take Mom out to the race track? Several tracks across the area have benefits for mom thrown into a trip to the racetrack. Continue reading Racing Around NEO: May 10th – 11th Edition
250 Speedway – Friday 5/3/13
- Modified Feature – 1. Jim Smith / 2. DJ Cline / 3. Rob Melzer / 4. Brock Melzer / 5.Bob Page
- Super Stock Feature – 1. Jason Jarrett / 2. Steve Wolford / 3. Brandon Welker / 4. Mickey Thorpe / 5. Derick Lewton
- Pure Stock Feature – 1. Jamie Warner / 2. Scott Richardson / 3. Matt Peckins / 4. Rob Scott / 5. Cody Krebs
- Compact Feature – 1. Billy Tennant / 2. Robert Frohnapfel / 3. Kenny Fiester / 4. Don Rufener III / 5. Tammy Rufener
- Modlite Feature – 1. Kenny Meadows / 2. Doug Stanley / 3. Josh May / 4. Josh Baldwin / 5. Ryan Baker
- Mini Wedge Feature – 1. Philip Bubek / 2. Jacob Ice / 3. Robbie Ledger / 4. Lucas Thomas / 5. Cody Kilpatrick
- For full results, please visit 250 Speedway’s website.
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 5/3/13
- Foster Auto Body 305 vs 360 Sprints A Main – 1. Caled Griffith / 2. Butch Schroeder / 3. Dain Naida / 4. Gregg Dalman / 5. Dustin Daggett
- Summit Racing Equipment Late Model A Main – 1. Rusty Schlenk / 2. Chris Keller / 3. Wayne Maffett Jr. / 4. Cody Schott / 5. Matt Irey
- Bob Machine Shop Dirt Trucks A Main – 1. Dan Roepke Jr. / 2. Dustin Keegan / 3. Cory Ward / 4. Kyle Cline / 5. Brian Melnek
- For full results, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Deerfield Raceway – Saturday 5/4/13
- Jr. Sprints Feature – 1. Danielle Tuttle / 2. Jacob Eakin / 3. Ryan Boano / 4. Ty Miller / 5. Jonah Walters
- Jr. Sportsman Feature – 1. Vivian Jones / 2. Brian Toto / 3. Carson Miller
- Demyan Micros Feature – 1. DJ Furney / 2. Ryan Fredericks / 3. Todd Reusser / 4. Mike Borawiec / 5. Tim Mcvay
- Chargers Feature – 1. Joe Grzelak / 2. Ted Williams / 3. Angie Grzelak / 4. Jeff Eboch / 5. Larry Rhoads
- Classics Feature – 1. Maranda Myers / 2. Jim Good / 3. Ken Platt / 4. Terry Ohl / 5. Bob Boano
- E-Mods Feature – 1. Blaine Heater / 2. Josh Mueller / 3. Roger Hermann / 4. Nicole Hrdlicka / 5. Christian Walker
- Compacts Feature – 1. Jeremy Ross / 2. Mike Wilson / 3. Nick Groves / 4. Dale Stoner / 5. Josh Palmer
- 600 Micro Feature – 1. Nick Krchelich / 2. Brian Stivenson / 3. Clay Riney / 4. Scott Scholl / 5. Al Cavoto
- For full results, please visit Deerfield Raceway’s website. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt May 3rd & 4th
May has finally arrived on the racing calendar, which means that nearly every racetrack in the Northeast Ohio area is up and running. The sole operating track missing is Lake Erie Speedway, which will not be open until Memorial Day weekend.
From dirt to drag, there is something for everybody this weekend. Highlighting your Friday is Attica, which is hosting a 305/360 Challenge race. Weekly racing fills out the night at 250 Speedway, Toledo, and Wayne County. Saturday gets a tad busier.
Eleven racing facilities are running Saturday, with options at drag strips, dirt, and asphalt tracks. NEO Racing News will be at Sandusky Speedway to cover the pits for their opening night of the 2013 season, while BOSS Non Wing Sprints invade Fremont Speedway. Columbus Motor Speedway will also feature the FAST Legend Car Series. Regular weekly racing continues across the rest of the region on Saturday, as well.
Remember to use our Track Map page to find the locations of Northeast Ohio racetracks, and our Calendar page to see when races are happening throughout the year. Continue reading Racing Around NEO: “May the Fourth Be With You” Edition
Six dirt tracks were in action this weekend. For all the weekend’s results, click here.
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 4/26/13
- Sunoco American Late Model Series A Main – 1. #15 Jon Henry / 2. #55V Jeep VanWormer / 3. #3 Matt Miller / 4. #91 Rusty Schlenk / 5. #49 Brian Ruhlman
- O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprints A Main – 1. #2+ Brian Smith / 2. #O9 Craig Mintz / 3. 5R Byron Reed / 4. W20 Greg Wilson / 5. #14H Todd Heller
- Foster Auto Body 305 Sprints A Main – 1. #1 Nate Dussel / 2. #6 Dustin Dinan / 3. #25 Jason Keckler / 4. #5R Jordan Ryan / 5. #22M Dan McCarron
- For full results, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Wayne County Speedway – Friday 4/26/13
- Fisher Performance Sprints Feature – 1. Kory Crabtree / 2. Danny Smith / 3. Danny Mumaw / 4. Chris Myers / 5. Beau Stewart
- Lias Tire Late Model Feature – 1. Russ King / 2. Charlie Duncan / 3. Cory Conley / 4. Shane McLoughlin / 5. Rick Bond
- Thrifty Muffler Super Stocks Feature – 1. Kyle Moore / 2. Bob Daugherty / 3. Jeremy Lynch / 4. Brandon Craver / 5. Frank Oriti
- NAPA Auto Parts Modifieds Feature – 1. Nathan Loney / 2. Chris Basich / 3. Eric Singhaus / 4. Bruce Miller / 5. Jim Nicely
- WQKT Mini Stocks Feature – 1. Brad Hensel / 2. Mike Rose / 3. Mitch Reichard / 4. Lester Berry / 5. Adam Kern
- Mini Wedges Feature – 1. Tanner McLoughlin / 2. Logan Duncan / 3. Dan Selway
- For full results, please visit Wayne County Speedway’s website. Continue reading DIRT RESULTS: April 26th – 27th Round-up
Due to the damp, cold weather and rain across the region, racing has been cancelled at dirt tracks this weekend. Attica, Sharon, Fremont, and Wayne County Speedway have all cancelled racing due to track flooding and poor parking lot conditions.
For most of the tracks, weekly racing will resume next week. Wayne County Speedway was scheduled to host the World of Outlaw Late Models this weekend, but has announced the visit has been postponed to a later date. The series will return to kick off Memorial Day Weekend on May 24th.
Columbus Motor Speedway is still scheduled to race tonight.
The 2013 racing season kicks off with a bang at Wayne County Speedway in Orrville, OH.
April 12th and 13th will see World of Outlaws Late Models and Renegade Modified Series descend on the three-eighths clay track for the Buckeye 100. The track will host several other touring series this summer. UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions Sprints will visit Wayne County twice, including their annual visit during Ohio Sprint Week on June 24th. Non Wing Sprint Cars will also visit the track twice, as the Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series comes to town on June 24th and August 24th. Making one appearance, the BRP Big Block Modified Show visits on July 19th. Continue reading Wayne County Speedway Hosts Outlaws, All Stars