Sharon Speedway has been forced to postpone Saturday’s (March 23) scheduled open practice and “Springduro 150” Enduro until next Saturday, March 30. An unseasonably cold and wet March hasn’t enabled track crews to be able to get on the 3/8-mile surface to date in addition to the parking areas being unusable left track officials with no choice but to postpone. March 30 will utilize the same event times with the open practice from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. followed by the Enduro at 2:30 p.m.
“Between the continual rain, snow and cold conditions this month, it just hasn’t allowed us to get the track ready,” explained General Manager Dave Willoughby. “This week’s weather was really the nail in the coffin and with more snow on the way there’s just no way to get the track and grounds ready even though Saturday’s weather doesn’t look too bad. We obviously need to provide safe conditions for both the racers and fans. Hopefully we’ll get some dry, warmer weather next week.” Continue reading Sharon Speedway: “Springduro” Delayed to March 30th