A busy weekend of dirt racing now lays behind us. UNOH All Star Sprints battled for two days at Fremont, while the World of Outlaw Late Models faced off at Wayne County. Two full days of racing also took place at Sharon Speedway, as drivers competed in the Bill Emig Memorial. For full results, keep reading after the break. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt Tracks May 24th Through 26th
Five Features, five winners at Sandusky Speedway’s rare Sunday night race.
#6L Talon Stephens swept the night’s Buckeye Super Sprint racing after several tributes to his team’s owner, Sam Layne. Layne, a sprint car owner for more than 30 years, passed away this week. Talon is the third generation of Stephens to drive for Layne, who helped over 10 drivers get a ride in a sprint car. Sandusky Speedway honored Layne with a moment of silence prior to the BSS Heat Race, and also left the Feature Race’s pole position open in honor of Sam’s Legacy.
The second leg of North Coast Modified Challenge was also held Sunday night. #33 Jeffrey Fade Jr. won at Lorain Saturday, giving him a chance to snag a $1,000 bonus if he could sweep and win at Sandusky. The bonus money ended up being safe, as #0 Kenny Phillips finished the 30 lap feature first.
Chris Hamilton cruised to victory in his #5 car to win the Street Stock feature. #22 Cornel Mentler rode out several red flags to take the Ohio Stock Feature win. Driver Jerry Karl was taken to the hospital for observation after a wreck on the backstretch during the Ohio Stock Feature, but he is reportedly OK. Concluding the night were the Hobby Stocks. Despite not starting until midnight, the field of about 12 cars put on a great show for the fans. Emerging from the constant two-wide and three-wide racing was #7 Zack Miller. This was Miller’s first Feature win.
The picture gallery from the night’s racing is available after the break. Continue reading PHOTOS: Talon Soars in Sandusky Sprints, Phillips Takes Modified Challenge
Sandusky Speedway had great conditions for racing last night, so the three NEO Racing News on-board cameras brought back some great videos.
Buckeye Super Sprint driver #6L Talon Stephens carried one of cameras for his dominating performance Sunday night, sweeping both Heat and Feature races. #75 Stephen Klinect carried the Modified Challenge on-board until his motor gave up the ghost in their feature race. Also, #33 Cody Rose carried the Street Stock on-board until the camera decided it needed to take the night off. His on-board was able to record the Street Stock dash and heat.
Plenty of racing action caught on camera, continue reading for seven videos from Sandusky Speedway. Continue reading VIDEOS: Buckeye Super Sprints, Sandusky Modified Challenge, and Street Stocks
MSA Supermodifieds and Main Event Racing Series Late Models returned to Sandusky Speedway this weekend after being rained out last week. Saturday’s show also included Hobby Stocks and Street Stocks. Winners from last night include (MSA) #19 Trent Stephens, (MERS) #116 Jack Varney Jr., (Street Stock) #07 Justin Hamilton, and (Hobby Stock) #4 John McKee. More pictures after the break. Continue reading PHOTOS: Supermodifieds and Outlaw Late Models
Highlights include ARCA at Toledo Speedway, the Cavalcade of Stars at Summit Motorsports Park, and Sandusky’s return of the MSA Supermodifieds and Main Event Racing Series. NEO Racing News will be covering events LIVE from Lake County Speedway (Friday Night) and Sandusky Speedway (Saturday Night). Also of note, I have started adding Karting races to the schedule. Enjoy! Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Almost Memorial Day Weekend Edition
While rain played havoc with racing all weekend, only one asphalt track was completely rained out over the weekend. Keep reading for full results from asphalt tracks around the region. Continue reading RESULTS: Asphalt May 10th – 11th
Drivers line up for a meet and greet on-track before heat racing at Sandusky Speedway (5/4/13) Continue reading PHOTOS: Sandusky Speedway Opens 2013 Season
250 Speedway – Friday 5/3/13
- Modified Feature – 1. Jim Smith / 2. DJ Cline / 3. Rob Melzer / 4. Brock Melzer / 5.Bob Page
- Super Stock Feature – 1. Jason Jarrett / 2. Steve Wolford / 3. Brandon Welker / 4. Mickey Thorpe / 5. Derick Lewton
- Pure Stock Feature – 1. Jamie Warner / 2. Scott Richardson / 3. Matt Peckins / 4. Rob Scott / 5. Cody Krebs
- Compact Feature – 1. Billy Tennant / 2. Robert Frohnapfel / 3. Kenny Fiester / 4. Don Rufener III / 5. Tammy Rufener
- Modlite Feature – 1. Kenny Meadows / 2. Doug Stanley / 3. Josh May / 4. Josh Baldwin / 5. Ryan Baker
- Mini Wedge Feature – 1. Philip Bubek / 2. Jacob Ice / 3. Robbie Ledger / 4. Lucas Thomas / 5. Cody Kilpatrick
- For full results, please visit 250 Speedway’s website.
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 5/3/13
- Foster Auto Body 305 vs 360 Sprints A Main – 1. Caled Griffith / 2. Butch Schroeder / 3. Dain Naida / 4. Gregg Dalman / 5. Dustin Daggett
- Summit Racing Equipment Late Model A Main – 1. Rusty Schlenk / 2. Chris Keller / 3. Wayne Maffett Jr. / 4. Cody Schott / 5. Matt Irey
- Bob Machine Shop Dirt Trucks A Main – 1. Dan Roepke Jr. / 2. Dustin Keegan / 3. Cory Ward / 4. Kyle Cline / 5. Brian Melnek
- For full results, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Deerfield Raceway – Saturday 5/4/13
- Jr. Sprints Feature – 1. Danielle Tuttle / 2. Jacob Eakin / 3. Ryan Boano / 4. Ty Miller / 5. Jonah Walters
- Jr. Sportsman Feature – 1. Vivian Jones / 2. Brian Toto / 3. Carson Miller
- Demyan Micros Feature – 1. DJ Furney / 2. Ryan Fredericks / 3. Todd Reusser / 4. Mike Borawiec / 5. Tim Mcvay
- Chargers Feature – 1. Joe Grzelak / 2. Ted Williams / 3. Angie Grzelak / 4. Jeff Eboch / 5. Larry Rhoads
- Classics Feature – 1. Maranda Myers / 2. Jim Good / 3. Ken Platt / 4. Terry Ohl / 5. Bob Boano
- E-Mods Feature – 1. Blaine Heater / 2. Josh Mueller / 3. Roger Hermann / 4. Nicole Hrdlicka / 5. Christian Walker
- Compacts Feature – 1. Jeremy Ross / 2. Mike Wilson / 3. Nick Groves / 4. Dale Stoner / 5. Josh Palmer
- 600 Micro Feature – 1. Nick Krchelich / 2. Brian Stivenson / 3. Clay Riney / 4. Scott Scholl / 5. Al Cavoto
- For full results, please visit Deerfield Raceway’s website. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt May 3rd & 4th