Columbus Motor Speedway – Saturday 6/29/13
- Late Model Feature – 1. Bobby Justus / 2. Chad Pendleton / 3. Donnie Hill / 4. Eric Withers / 5. Josh Cahill
- Columbus Modified Feature – 1. Sean MacNealy / 2. Kyle Purvis / 3. Terry Humphrey / 4. Shane Shirk / 5. Buddy Townsend
- Sport Stock Feature – 1. Mike Litchfield / 2. Bill Ramey / 3. Kenny Simpson / 4. Steve Karnes / 5. Ray Muncy
- Crazy Compact Feature – 1. Jim McElfresh / 2. Michael Robison / 3. Chris Lucas / 4. Joshua Mecum / 5. Corey Kyer
- For full results, please visit Columbus Motor Speedway’s website.
Lake County Speedway – Saturday 6/29/13
- Pro Street Stock Feature – 1. Fred McCord / 2. Rick Pereces / 3. Matt Weigand / 4. Ed Poderzay / 5. Rick Tomcany
- Figure 8 Feature – 1. Joe March / 2. Bill March / 3. Steve Sandli / 4. Mike Davis / 5. Allen Wells
- Factory Four Feature – 1. Austin Wretschko / 2. Jim Harkins / 3. Bo Martin / 4. Kelly Horst / 5. Jeff Bates
- Renegade Feature – 1. Mike Atwell / 2. Mike Reed Jr. / 3. Matt McCord / 4. Anthony Lefelhoc / 5. Tony Klingbeil
Lake Erie Speedway – Saturday 6/29/13
- INEX Legends National Qualifier (50 Laps) – 1. Brandon DeBrakeleer / 2. Jeremy Haudricort / 3. Carl Vilardo IV / 4. Brad Salatino / 5. Anthony Riforgiato
- Compact Feature – Dan Bittinger / 2. Doug Hadley / 3. Jeff Breads / 4. Shane Forster / 5. Nick Irish
- INEX Bandolero Feature – 1. Donald Buell / 2. Wesley McCray / 3. Daniel Buell / 4. Chase Firestone / 5. Alexis Bohrer
- NASCAR Street Stocks – 1. Dave Krawczyk / 2. Dave Wilson / 3. Keith Platts / 4. John Denny / 5. Greg Irish
- INEX Legends / 1. Lake Luts / 2. Carl Vilardo IV / 3. Pat Lyden / 4. Jeremy Haudricort / 5. Brandon DeBrakeleer
- Plyer Overhead Door Modifieds – 1. Adam Kostelnik / 2. David McAvoy / 3. Randy Culver / 4. Scott Wylie / 5. Dennis Hagg
Lorain County Speedway – Saturday 6/29/13
- Sportsman Feature – 1. Roland Sheppard Jr. / 2. Don Atwell / 3. Nick Wiery / 4. Bailey Delfosse / 5. Bobby Schramm
- Modified Feature – 1. Mark Smith / 2. Joe Quinn / 3. Kurt Hennings / 4. Tigh Shaffer / 5. T.J. Stineman
- Grand National Feature – 1. Mike Chapman Sr. / 2. Matt Wilson / 3. Ryan Chapman / 4. Shawn Reinke
- Chargers Feature – 1. Corey Phillips / 2. Neil Broski / 3. Lindsay Fade / 4. Jay Teague / 5. Josh Bailey
- For full results, please visit Lorain County Speedway’s website.
Midvale Speedway – Saturday 6/29/13
Toledo Speedway – Friday 6/28/13
Sandusky Speedway – Saturday 6/29/13
- Ignitable Technologies Modified Feature – 1. Joe Shannon / 2. Stephen Klinect / 3. Kenny Sharp / 4. Scott Hart
- Milan Automotive Hobby Stock Feature – 1. John McKee / 2. Mike McDonald / 3. Joey Wyckoff
- Pizza Brothers Street Stock Feature – 1. Chris Hamilton / 2. Cody Rose / 3. Randy Dawson
- For more information, please visit Sandusky Speedway’s website.
This weekend is complicated by threats of rain, but don’t let that hold you back from heading out to the track! All Friday night racing was cancelled due to rain and wet conditions. The weather has also adjusted Sandusky Speedway’s schedule, with the Auto Value Super Sprints cancelling their feature. Sandusky will continue their show with Mods, Street Stocks, and Hobby Stocks.
Stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter accounts for the latest on rain delays and race cancellations Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Monsoon Edition
There is quite a bit of everything and anything racing this weekend. Friday night kicks off the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions Ohio 410 Sprint Speedweek, which will probably be the focus of dirt track fans across the state. Also kicking off Friday is the “No Box Bonanza” weekend at Summit Motorsports Park. On asphalt, Youth Explosion Night returns for its second visit at Lake County.
Saturday…more! On the entertainment side, Lake Erie hosts Monster Jam while Lake County hosts the “Knights of Destruction.” MSA Supermodified teams will turn to Sandusky Speedway, hoping to get some track time before July’s Hy-Miler ISMA Nationals. Dirt-wise, Sharon, Deerfield, and Hilltop all have regular shows on tap (in case All Star Sprints at Eldora are a bit too far to drive). Plus, Dragway 42 & Thompson Raceway Park feature drag racing of different types.
You can find all the details for racing this weekend (and beyond) by continuing to read after the break!
Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Sprints Kick Off Speedweek
250 Speedway – Friday 6/14/13
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 6/14/13
- O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprint A-Main – 1. Byron Reed / 2. Craig Mintz / 3. Caleb Griffith / 4. Travis Philo / 5. Brandon Martin
- Foster Auto Body 305 Sprint A-Main – 1. Nate Dussel / 2. Dustin Dinan / 3. John Ivy / 4. T.J. Michael / 5. Bobby Clark
- Summit Racing Equipment Late Model A-Main – 1. Cody Scott / 2. Ryan Missler / 3. Matt Irey / 4. Dusty Moore / 5. Mike Bores
- Bob Machine Shop Dirt Truck A-Main – John Ivy / 2. Distin Keegan / 3. Dan Roepke / 4. Brian Sorg / 5. Art Ball
- For more information, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Deerfield Raceway – Saturday 6/15/13
- Jr. Sprints – 1. Ryan Boano / 2. Jacob Eakin / 3. Ty Miller / 4. Danielle Tuttle / 5. Tyler Purnell
- Jr. Sportsman Feature – 1. Carson Miller / 2. Vivian Jones / 3. Brian Toto / 3. Erich Law
- Micro Sprints Feature – 1. D.J. Furney / 2. Tim Eakin / 3. Ryan Fredericks / 4. Todd Reusser /5. Jeff Heafke
- 600 Micro Sprints – 1. Bryan Grove / 2. Scott Scholl / 3. Clayton Mullett
- Mod Lites Feature – 1. Chas Wolbert / 2. Shayne Meadows / 3. Kenny Meadows / 4. Todd Rhoads / 5. James Gump Jr.
- Chargers Feature – 1. Joe Grzelak / 2. Angie Grzelak / 3. Tiffany Williams / 4. Ted Williams / 5. Justin Van Fossen
- Classics Feature – 1. Ken Platt / 2. Jason Myers / 3. James Good / 4. Bob Boano / 5. Zack Anthony
- E-Mods Feature – 1. Tim Schmitt / 2. Roger Hermann / 3. Craig Humphreys / 4. Dennis Dellinger / 5. Josh Mueller
- Compacts Feature – 1. Nick Groves / 2. Jeremy Ross / 3. Timothy Cecil / 4. Rich Johnston / 5. Dwayne Seabolt
- For more information, please visit Deerfield Raceway’s website. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt Tracks June 14 & 15
A busy weekend of racing has wrapped up at asphalt tracks around Northeast Ohio. Keep reading after the break to find out who was the quickest to the checkers at the “Fastest Short Track Show in the World” at Toledo Speedway, or winners at any of the other six asphalt tracks in the area. Continue reading RESULTS: Asphalt Tracks June 14 & 15
Rain may have threatened Sandusky Speedway on Saturday night, but maybe the brief sprinkles should have been afraid of the four Feature winners. #5 Todd Buchanan (Buckeye Super Sprints), #75 Stephen Klinect (Mod), #07 Justin Hamilton (Street Stock), and #07 Joey Wyckoff (Hobby Stock) all dominated their feature races.
However, the entire field of each race put on a great show for the fans who attended. Contact, crazy passes, and more unfolded on-track…and in front of the NEO Racing News Ride Along cameras. Continue reading after the break to see all eight videos from Hamilton, #55 Austin White (Hobby Stock), and #61 Tyler Shullick (Mod). You won’t be disappointed. Continue reading VIDEOS: Ride Along with Mods, Street Stocks, Hobby Stocks
Three extended-distance Feature races were held at Lake County Speedway on Sunday. In total, Econo Mods, Factory Fours, and Pro Stocks ran 225 laps around the Painesville, OH 1/5 mile oval. NEO Racing News had Ride Along cameras on three drivers: #37 T.J. Stineman (Econo Mod), #2 Jeff Bates (Factory Four), and #5 Chris Hamilton (Pro Stock). Keep reading after the break for their three videos, which are edited to remove cautions. Continue reading VIDEOS: Shootout by the Shore Now Available
Drivers at Midvale Speedway were beating and banging all night long. Ride Along with #70 Ryan Tedesco (Late Model), #82 Don Boron Jr. (Pure Stock), and #27 Braden Swaney (Compacts) as they turn laps in heats and features. Continue reading VIDEOS: Three Exciting Rides at Midvale
Alright, so the rain pretty much knocked the entire region’s racing schedule to the mat…but the good news is that the forecast is looking fantastic for this weekend! That’s a good thing considering that every track is busy this weekend in some form or fashion.
Toledo Speedway highlights Friday night, as the track offers free admission, food, and drink to all kids under 14. Saturday, the NYPAMA Midgets head to Lake Erie Speedway, while the MSA Supermodifieds set up camp at Lorain County Speedway. Sunday at 2 PM, Lake County Speedway makes up its “Shootout by the Shore” invitational with three divisions of racing.
NEO Racing News will be bringing you racing action from Midvale Speedway and Lake County Speedway this weekend! Follow us on Twitter for all the live updates, with pictures and videos posted to the site throughout the weekend. To find what racing is happening close to you, keep reading after the break! Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Late-May Showers Bring June Racing Edition