A busy weekend of dirt racing now lays behind us. UNOH All Star Sprints battled for two days at Fremont, while the World of Outlaw Late Models faced off at Wayne County. Two full days of racing also took place at Sharon Speedway, as drivers competed in the Bill Emig Memorial. For full results, keep reading after the break. Continue reading RESULTS: Dirt Tracks May 24th Through 26th
Midvale Speedway celebrated 60 years of racing action with 60 lap Economy Modified and Late Model features. Also racing Saturday night were Mini Trucks, Pure Stocks, Compacts, FunPacts, and Skid Plate Racers. For the full gallery of photos, keep reading. Continue reading PHOTOS: Midvale Celebrates 60 Years with 60 Lap Features
Highlights include ARCA at Toledo Speedway, the Cavalcade of Stars at Summit Motorsports Park, and Sandusky’s return of the MSA Supermodifieds and Main Event Racing Series. NEO Racing News will be covering events LIVE from Lake County Speedway (Friday Night) and Sandusky Speedway (Saturday Night). Also of note, I have started adding Karting races to the schedule. Enjoy! Continue reading Racing Around NEO: Almost Memorial Day Weekend Edition
Maybe this weekend is the weekend to take Mom out to the race track? Several tracks across the area have benefits for mom thrown into a trip to the racetrack. Continue reading Racing Around NEO: May 10th – 11th Edition
Drivers line up for a meet and greet on-track before heat racing at Sandusky Speedway (5/4/13) Continue reading PHOTOS: Sandusky Speedway Opens 2013 Season
May has finally arrived on the racing calendar, which means that nearly every racetrack in the Northeast Ohio area is up and running. The sole operating track missing is Lake Erie Speedway, which will not be open until Memorial Day weekend.
From dirt to drag, there is something for everybody this weekend. Highlighting your Friday is Attica, which is hosting a 305/360 Challenge race. Weekly racing fills out the night at 250 Speedway, Toledo, and Wayne County. Saturday gets a tad busier.
Eleven racing facilities are running Saturday, with options at drag strips, dirt, and asphalt tracks. NEO Racing News will be at Sandusky Speedway to cover the pits for their opening night of the 2013 season, while BOSS Non Wing Sprints invade Fremont Speedway. Columbus Motor Speedway will also feature the FAST Legend Car Series. Regular weekly racing continues across the rest of the region on Saturday, as well.
Remember to use our Track Map page to find the locations of Northeast Ohio racetracks, and our Calendar page to see when races are happening throughout the year. Continue reading Racing Around NEO: “May the Fourth Be With You” Edition
Six dirt tracks were in action this weekend. For all the weekend’s results, click here.
Attica Raceway Park – Friday 4/26/13
- Sunoco American Late Model Series A Main – 1. #15 Jon Henry / 2. #55V Jeep VanWormer / 3. #3 Matt Miller / 4. #91 Rusty Schlenk / 5. #49 Brian Ruhlman
- O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprints A Main – 1. #2+ Brian Smith / 2. #O9 Craig Mintz / 3. 5R Byron Reed / 4. W20 Greg Wilson / 5. #14H Todd Heller
- Foster Auto Body 305 Sprints A Main – 1. #1 Nate Dussel / 2. #6 Dustin Dinan / 3. #25 Jason Keckler / 4. #5R Jordan Ryan / 5. #22M Dan McCarron
- For full results, please visit Attica Raceway Park’s website.
Wayne County Speedway – Friday 4/26/13
- Fisher Performance Sprints Feature – 1. Kory Crabtree / 2. Danny Smith / 3. Danny Mumaw / 4. Chris Myers / 5. Beau Stewart
- Lias Tire Late Model Feature – 1. Russ King / 2. Charlie Duncan / 3. Cory Conley / 4. Shane McLoughlin / 5. Rick Bond
- Thrifty Muffler Super Stocks Feature – 1. Kyle Moore / 2. Bob Daugherty / 3. Jeremy Lynch / 4. Brandon Craver / 5. Frank Oriti
- NAPA Auto Parts Modifieds Feature – 1. Nathan Loney / 2. Chris Basich / 3. Eric Singhaus / 4. Bruce Miller / 5. Jim Nicely
- WQKT Mini Stocks Feature – 1. Brad Hensel / 2. Mike Rose / 3. Mitch Reichard / 4. Lester Berry / 5. Adam Kern
- Mini Wedges Feature – 1. Tanner McLoughlin / 2. Logan Duncan / 3. Dan Selway
- For full results, please visit Wayne County Speedway’s website. Continue reading DIRT RESULTS: April 26th – 27th Round-up
Fremont Speedway has announced a busy schedule for the 2013 season, highlighted by four national touring series visits.
Leading the pack will be the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions, which is visiting the one-third mile clay track six times throughout the summer, including two stops during Ohio Sprint Week. Fremont will also host the World of Outlaw Sprint Cars on September 27th. Two non-wing Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series races are on the schedule for May and October. Rounding out the touring schedule is a visit from the National Tractor Pullers Association during the Sandusky County Fair. Continue reading Fremont Features Full Schedule For 2013